Friday, January 26, 2007

2003 Peju Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley Estate Bottled


As I was browsing through my local wine shop, this bottle caught my eyes. With a name like “Peju”, it is hard to ignore. Peju Province Winery was founded by Tony and Herta Peju in 1982. The winery was named “Winery of the Year” by Wine & Spritis Magazine; and has grown for 30 acre ranch to 380 acres in 1999. The Peru family is looking to grow further.

Peju Province Winery produces a wide range of wines – Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Syrah, Zinfandel, Chardonnay, and other rare wine.

2003 Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa Valley was quite pleasing. It was not overwhelming like other Cabs from Napa Valley. The aroma of dark cherry and vanilla welcomed me as I opened and poured the wine. First sip tasted with vanilla followed by toasty oak flavor. It held its tannin through its long finish.

I want to try their Cabernet Franc.

No comments: