Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Moment in the Life of ...

Birth of a child will completely change your perspective on life; my friends reminded me repeatedly during the 10 months leading up to the birth. Conceptually, I understood what they were saying. But it never really hit you until you come home from the hospital with the little precious baby who is barely learning how to breath on her own. 

My life has always been about living my life for what I want it to be - to achieve success at work, with family, and every other ways the world defines success. Blame it on ambition, motivation, drive for success, or peers. How has it changed? I come to realize that there's another perspective on life - that it is okay to live my life for what it is. What's the use if in the pursuit of happiness, I miss the moments that make life it self. It's all about living the life for what it is; and experience, enjoy and take in every moment. Then and only then will I achieve the life that I want it to be. 

I began writing blogs back in 2006, although not updating diligently as I would have liked to or should have. Back then, it was all about the life of wine and dine in NYC. But its now time for me to re-launch my blog with expanded scope - to reflect my new perspective on life. If I discipline myself to write to captures those moments, it will help me to experience and enjoy the same.

So here we go.

A moment in the life of me!

 


No comments: