Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Three Years Ago Today

Third anniversary of Great East Japan Earthquake of 2011. There is a lot of media attention on the disaster in Japan this week; but memory is fast fading away elsewhere. There was no mention of the anniversary in front pages of NY Times or WSJ today; not that I would have expected it. The truth is the people living in the affected areas do not have their normal lives back. The reconstruction work is certainly going too slow where many are still living in temp housing. But I ask myself "what can I really do about it?" I hate to admit it but there is really nothing that I can do. But we can make sure that we do not forget about the disaster and remind ourselves how precious our lives are and count our blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beyond their delectable dishes, 19 Cleveland shines in its presentation of Israeli wines and craft beers. The staff's deep knowledge and enthusiasm for these offerings enhance the entire dining experience. They provide valuable insights into pairing options, allowing patrons to discover new dimensions of flavor. Get more information here.